Tuesday, June 07, 2005

In Jolliette We Trust

Due to circumstances beyond my control, such as, like, having a life and stuff, I have been utterly neglecting my blogging responsibilities. Yes, resposibilities. I feel that being the inspiration for so many other blogs, I have a duty to set a good example. It was going okay for a while there… Meh…

I’m now faced with the problem that I’ve waited so long to recount my various engaging anecdotes to my adoring public that there’s too much crap to put in one blog entry. Now I could solve this by transporting myself back to those various days I should have actually posted, and pretend to post for each event separately (I could even doctor the dates at the top, if I was really fukin’ evil) in order to create the illusion of a duteous blogger. But, honestly, the effort involved vastly outweighs the possible satisfaction of 3 comments. If I’m lucky.

So I’m going get in touch with my inner Montreal slacker arts student (part-time). It’s not lazy, it’s avant-garde, and disgustingly pretentious!

The title of this piece is:

THE last 2wo wEEks of may/conflagration/corn flakes

1.I remember nothing. Where was I?

2. Excitement. A breath of summer. Ottawa/old friends. What is avant-garde? A Russian Communist Bar. No Smoking? WTF? That is most definitely not avant-garde.

3. Rain. Rain. Rain. FUCK IT. I’m going back to Mtl.

4. Oh, Cavan, you were so pretty in the dark… and also, before you spoke. The Contemporary art museum is boring, and so are you. One day I’ll tell you.

5. Theatre students with loft apartments in the Plateau are annoying and insipid. The only way to tolerate their “underwear parties” is to drink lots of goldschlagger, and force them to listen to LCD soundsystem.

6. Hello Henry. Welcome to Montreal. Do you like bagels? Do you know who Karla Homolka is? Oh, you will.

7. Peanut butter + butterscotch chips + chocolate chips = sweet sweet perfection.

If that was frustratingly vague, esoteric and alienating then my work here is done!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay, Aurora the Angsty is back! Keep it up, Rory, I love it!

Kimbo the Bimbo said...

Yahoo! Haven`t heard from you in ages! Where have you been hiding?

bex said...

oh A-roar! I feel cool because I understand most of these things. Well, thats all I got but at least you got a third comment out of it...

impressionist art said...

Hi there Aurora, I was just cruising searching for the latest information on original art and came across this great blog. Although this post wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for original art related topics. I’m glad I stopped by this is a great Blog, keep up the good work. You are most welcomed to visit my site at original art

romantic beach said...

Hi Aurora I am on a quest looking for information on romantic gift for a man. I ran across your blog doing a search and thought I would stop by to see if you had any information. Hey, it is nice to see that other people like the same things I do. Anyway thanks for the read.

romantic greeting card said...

I am working on a romantic blog. In doing so I am looking for information on free romantic greeting card. I ran across you site thought I would stop by for a quick read and search. You have a nice site, but I did not find what I was exactly looking for. Thanks for the read. I will stop by at a later date to see what you have.

romantic things said...

I am a hopeless romantic out looking for some information on romantic ads. Aurora, looks like you have put some work into your site. Well, it is about time I go back to looking for more information. Hey, thanks for the read.

original art said...

Hi there Aurora, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on abstract art and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding this post, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on abstract art related stuff. By the way your Blogs great. You are most welcomed to visit my site at abstract art

original art said...

Hi there Aurora, I was just cruising searching for the latest information on inspirational art and came across this great blog. Although this post wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for inspirational art related topics. I’m glad I stopped by this is a great Blog, keep up the good work. You are most welcomed to visit my site at inspirational art