Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Holy Toledo!

In some strange act of kizmit or serendipity or whatever crazy mojo happens when you never saw it coming, the Lovely Feathers will be playing with my other favorite Montreal band, Pony Up! Outstanding. April 26th, Sala Rossa. It boggles the mind I tell you! I think I'm going to pass out now.

No? Okay, I'll keep yammerin' then.

I went to a Concordia ArtMatters party on Friday. It was meant to be a video instillation, with . . . weird arty pretentious videos, or something? But it turned out to be this horny love-crazed house (it actually took place in a Concordia building) party instead. Gay guys were hitting on straight guys, straight girls were hitting on gay girls, gay girls were hitting on gay guys, and straight guys were hitting on doorknobs. By the end of the night, I was quite smashed (thanks to $2 beers), and I had this odd sensation that, unbeknownst to me, I had just participated in some strange psychological experiment/arty pretentious video. Things were done. . . . naughty things involving bathroom line-ups and conveniently(strategically?) located empty storage cabinets. But you don't want to hear about that.

Maybe you'll see it all at next year's "video instillation" party.

3 comments:

ingelatravershayward said...

HOLY TOLEDO!
Sorry, I mistakenly(or so I want you to think) was channeling Mary-Kate Olson circa the Full House years.

I will be in town for this mega-show! Pretentious-artsy-highly-sexualized madness will ensue!

Aurora said...

Oh. oh. You have no idea the maddness that will ensue. We are going to put the rest of these supposed "fans" to shame when we kick out out wild, unbridled dance moves. I can't wait to see Lisa Smith's face.

Anonymous said...

well well well, i'll be there.
oh..guess who I saw in Subway on Parc Wednesday night? Oh yes, the hot Lovely Feather, the one I remember me and walter ooogling over. He bought a 12" sub, how manly of him. (?) He was with his gf though...and he's like a rich ex- cote st luc kid trying to look all poor and bohemian...but he's still hot.