Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Agnostic

So here's a song I wrote:

My favorite show went off the air last night
My band got arrested when they got in a fight
My bike got stolen from off my front stoop
Oh Jesus, oh man, I'm asking you

How do I believe in a god who
lets stuff like this slide
I don't want to pray to a god who
isn't on my side

I can't find a vegan putine anywhere
Punk rock is corrupted and nobody cares
The metro never gets me to the bus on time
Can't the cops see skateboarding isn't a crime

God God God
I don't believe in you
God God God
So sad , too bad, boo hoo
God God God
I might just feel inclined
To suddenly change my mind
If I found a hunderd dollar bill
Or if I fell gravely ill

Anyway, I guess it's about some sad, self-centered, whiny college kid. I think we've all been that kid at some point in our lives. Admit it.

No comments: